1. ①study hard , you’ll succeed.
②study hard, you’ll fail.
a. unless b. or
c. but d. and
2. ①he lived in the city of beijing there’s a zhong guan cun.
②he lived in the city of beijing and there’s a zhong guan cun .
a. in that b. in it
c. where d. wherever
3. ①it’s nine o’clock we got to the station.
②it’s at nine o’clock we got to the station.
a. as b. that
c. when d. while
4. ① he said so made us very happy.
② he said made us very happy.
a. which b. what
c. that d. it
5. ①is this bike she lost the day before yesterday?
②is this the bike she lost the day before yesterday?
a. that b. what
c. the one d. it
6. ① is well known ,hong kong has been returned to our motherland.
② is well known that hong kong has been returned to our motherland.
a. which b. as
c. it d. that
7. ①he must have lived here for 10 years, he?
②he must have finished the work yesterday, he ?
a. mustn’t b. haven’t
c. didn’t d. hasn’t
8. ① there no buses, we had to walk home.
②there no buses, so we had to walk home.
a. is b. were
c. are d. being
9. ① we young people should go we’re most needed.
② we young people should go to we’re most needed.
a. the place which b. where
c. the place where d. which
10.①he is one of the students who good at drawing.
②he is the one of the students who good at drawing.
a. is b. does
c. are d. do
11. ①the book is worth ,i think.
②the book is worth of ,i think.
a. to read b. being read
c. reading d. read
12.①the little girl had no choice but at home.
②the little girl could do nothing but at home.
a. to stay b. to staying
c. stayed d. stay
13.①new york is much larger than in america.
② new york is much larger than in india.
a. other city b. any city
c. all cities d. any other city
14. ①many students find difficult to learn.
②many students find language difficult to learn.
a. english b. an english
c. the english d. england
15. ①we will never forget the days we spent together.
②we will never forget the days we worked together.
a. that b. where
c. on which d. when
16. ①tom got the first place, made his parents happy.
②tom got the first place,and made his parents happy.
a. as b. which
c. that d. this
17. ①he needs on.
②the doctor needs on him.
a. to operate b. being operated
c. operate d. to be operated
18. ①he is unfit for the job , ?
②he isn’t fit for the job , ?
a. isn’t he b. is he
c. doesn’t he d. dose he
19. ①let’s go at once, ?
②let us go at once, ?
a. will you b. shall we
c. do you d. does he
20. ① our teacher entered the classroom, .
②our teacher entered the classroom,with .
a. a book in hand b. book in hand
c. a book in his hand d. book in
21.① many times, so he could understand it.
② many times, he couldn’t understand it.
a. having been told b. having told
c. he had been told d. though he had been told 22.①the writer and scientist present at the meeting.
②the writer and the scientist present at the meeting.
a. were b. was
c. has d. had
23. ①three years later he turned doctor.
②three years later he became doctor.
a. an b. a
c. 不填 d. the
24.①my brother often plays football after school.
②my brother often plays piano after school.
a. 不填 b. a
c. the d. an
25.①she is good a teacher that we all like her .
②she is good teacher that we all like her.
a. so b. such c. such a d. quite a
26. ①she often goes to school bike.
②she often goes to school foot.
a. in b. at c. on d.by
27.①more than 70 percent of the population of these country peasants.
②more than 70 percent of the population of this country farming-population.
a. has b. have c. is d. are
28. ①he as well as his brother football now.
②he and his brother football now.
a. is playing b. is played
c. are playing d. are played
29. ①all of the apples rotten.
②all of the apple rotten.
a. are b. is
c. have been d. has been
30.①do you know john is getting on well with his studies?
②do you know john is getting on with his studies?
a. how b. which c. what d. that
31. ①the workers a new hospital since the end of last year.
②the workers a new hospital by the end of last year.
a. have built b. have been building
c. had built d. were building
32. ①it is 3 years his brother joined the army.
②it is 3 years ago his brother joined the army.
a. since b. that c. after d. before
33. ①they don’t know he will come unless told.
②they don’t know he will come until told.
a. that b. whether
c. how long d. if or not
34. ①i 10 dollars on the dictionary.
②i 10 dollars for the dictionary.
a. took b. cost
c. paid d. spent
35. ①he has two watches, but of them works well.
② he has two watches, and of them work well.
a. both b. none
c. neither d. either
36. ①—— who did you see in the room?
②——how many people did you see in the room?
a. no one b. none
c. anyone d. any one
37.①“you be a bit tired.why not stop to rest? ”
② “you be so tired that you had to stop to rest.”
a. should b. can’t
c. must d. mustn’t
38. ①jenny have kept her word. i wonder why she changed her mind.
②jenny have kept her word, i wonder why she didn’t change her mind.
a. must b. should
c. need d. would
39. ①this is the reason you all know.
②i really don’t know the reason professor li didn’t attend the meeting.
a. why b. which c. because d. that
40. ①he asked us the question the film was worth seeing.
②he made the suggestion the meeting should be put off.
a. when b. where c. that d. whether
41.①he is working hard, every one of us can see.
②he passed the exam, pleased every one of us.